Beatrice Nava studied Classics at the University of Parma and received her PhD in Literary and Philological Cultures from the University of Bologna in November 2021 with the thesis “Il Conte di Carmagnola from the last autograph draft to print: a new critical edition and a model for a digital edition.” The thesis consists of a critical edition of the tragedy and a theoretical model for an XML/TEI based edition.
Her research focuses on authorial philology and Digital Scholarly Editing, with a specific interest on modelling and digital representation of texts and sources. She is particularly interested in modern manuscripts editing and in the representation of authorial corrections from a diachronic perspective. She collaborated on the PRIN project “Manzoni Online: Papers, Books, Editions and Tools”, about the Italian author Alessandro Manzoni, and she has been involved in other projects of the Digital Humanities Advanced Research Centre at the University of Bologna, such as VaSto and Philoeditor.
She is an adjunct professor of Digital Humanities at the University of Bergamo for the academic year 2022/2023. Since January 2023, she started working as a researcher at the Innovating digital Editions group of the Huygens Institute, where she collaborates on the eDITem project.
– Nava, B. (2022). Are we all Bédierian? Perspectives for Digital Genetic Editions. Umanistica Digitale, 6(14), 19-40. https://doi.org/10.6092/issn.2532-8816/14949
– Nava, B. (2021). Review of ITALIA, Paola, Giulia RABONI et al. 2021. What is Authorial philology?, «TEXTUAL CULTURES», 2021, 14, pp. 280-284. https://doi.org/10.14434/tc.v14i2.33673
– Nava, B. (2020). Il Conte di Carmagnola. Verso una nuova edizione critica: questioni di metodo e un nuovo testimone, «ANNALI MANZONIANI», 3, 87- 117.
– M. Monachini, A. Nicolosi, B. Nava, CLARIN -IT and the definition of a Digital Critical Edition for Ancient Greek Poetry: a new project for Ancient fragmentary texts with a complex tradition, in K. Simov, M. Eskevich (eds.), Selected Papers from the CLARIN Annual Conference 2019, Linköping University Electronic Press, 2020. ISBN 9789179298074
– Nava, B. (2019), Politica e Poetica nelle redazioni del Conte di Carmagnola, in: Varianti politiche d’autore. Da Verri a Manzoni, Bologna, Pàtron Editore, 2019, pp. 161-184. ISBN 9788855534635