- Gertjan Filarski
- Department of ICT support and development
- Specialisation: digital humanities; ancient and medieval history
Gerrit Jan (Gertjan) Filarski is the chief of technology at Huygens ING and an expert in the application of the latest developments in information technology, knowledge management and information retrieval to typical “alpha” fields like the social sciences & humanities, publishing, cultural heritage and the GLAM-sector (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums). With a background in business economics, IT entrepreneurship and medieval studies, he is a specialist in implementing commercial skills in non-profit/semi-public environments and is able to create the awareness and organisational space that new technology and teams need to prosper and truly deliver.
Research and other projects:
- Chief of Technology and board member for the CLARIAH-CORE project
- Member of the steering committee for Golden Agents.
- The Riddle of Literary Quality
- CLARIN COBWWWEB - Connections Between Women and Writings Within European Borders
- Circulation of Dutch Literature
- CLARIN Arthurian Fiction
- CLARIN Center infrastructure