- Dr Peter Boot
- Senior researcher
- Department of Literary Studies
- Specialisation: interface of literature and digital technique
- +31 (0)20-2246825
Peter Boot studied Mathematics in Leiden and Dutch Studies in Utrecht, and worked for some time in automisation, where he specialized in database technologies. In November 2009, he gained his PhD from the University of Utrecht with a thesis on digital annotations in scientific literature. At Huygens ING he is working as a senior researcher in the field of online repertoire-forming, involving research on opinion-forming on literature in online magazines, discussion forums, weblogs, internet bookshops and other online platforms. The central issue here concerns the extent to which opinion-forming on literature is changing now that literature is shifting from printed to online media. In addition, he acts as a consultant for various projects, such as the digital edition of Anne Frank, the Middeleeuwse Verzamelhandschriften uit de Nederlanden series, and the digital edition of Kloos.
Research and other projects
- Online repertoirevorming
- Middeleeuwse Verzamelhandschriften uit de Nederlanden (MVN)
- Emblemata (2003-2009)
- Vincent van Gogh – de brieven (1994-2009)
- Boot, P. ‘Werk en Netwerk’.Tekst en commentaar op de Verhalensite. In: vakTaal, 23 (2010) 4, p. 2-5.
- Boot, P. ‘Reading Van Gogh Online?’ in: Ariadne, 66 (2011).
- Boot, P. Mesotext. Digitised Emblems, Modelled Annotations and Humanities Scholarship. Amsterdam: Pallas proefschriften. 2009.